Whilst sculpting new and exciting miniatures for Boon Town Metals does take up most of my allotted sculpting time, there has been a definite increase in the number of commission requests that I receive over the last few months. I am always happy to discuss commission sculpts and can work with you to develop any ideas that you may have for your miniatures. I specialise in chunky 15mm scale, but will often consider either 6mm or 28mm projects. Please note that my style is unashamedly comic or “Space Opera”, rather than “Hard Sci-fi”, please bear that in mind before arranging for any work to be undertaken.
You can see a couple of examples of my recent commissions on this page. There are a few more, but obviously I can’t display those until I have permission from my clients. Prices for commission work will vary significantly, depending on the size, deadlines, complexity, detail, sculpting medium, amongst other considerations, including my enthusiasm for the project itself. However, prices will generally START at around GBP2 per mm (from the top of the head to sole of the feet) for a very simple 15mm human figure. If you are interested commissioning me to sculpt something for you, please feel free to drop me an email at our contact address. I will keep in contact with you throughout the process, including initial idea mock-ups and WIP photos as things progress. Once completed, you will have full intellectual property rights to the miniature, including reproduction, manufacture and sale.
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
- I cannot undertake any work that may infringe on someone else IP, so please don’t ask (this is the most common reason for declining a commission)
- I will require 50% of the commission payment upfront, to cover expenses and time. This amount is non-refundable in the event that you decide not to fulfil the remainder of the agreement
- I will require payment of the remaining monies before any sculpts are released to you
- All intellectual rights to the miniature, including reproduction, manufacture, and sale will reside with Boon Town Metals until payment of any outstanding monies
- All completed commissions will be sent to you by recorded and insured mail – you will be responsible the payment of these costs as part of the final settlement figure